Hello my pretties!
Now that you all have succeeded in delivering the payload at Borneo I need you to secure the animal feed and grain silos over at the Granary! The evil [insert opposing team's name] is threatening to take over our supply of [insert brand name of goods] and we must protect it with our lives! [insert reason you must die for our cause]
As most of you may know, Granary is a long-time competitive map as it is one of the original maps that shipped with Team Fortress 2. It is quite long (as control maps tend to be) with wide open holding areas that will force your team to be very precise when you push - or pay the dire price of losing ground, or worse, lose a control point! Granary's biggest strength as a Highlander map comes from a team that knows how to use their momentum. And what I mean by "momentum" is, if you win a fight on the "rollout", push your strongest classes up into the next area while one or two players capture the middle point. If you don't, your game could last the duration of the map time (which feels like an eternity when you want to run out and frag some people). Please see Hein's "Heinsight" article for more details (link below).
Those who have been playing competitive TF2 the longest will know about Granary's nooks and crannies, where to hold, and where to push. If pushing last has you frustrated, dizzy, irritated, or if you are experiencing flashes of rage, please see your Team Fortress 2 Physician immediately.
Important upcoming dates:
- September 12th - Team name lock
- September 22nd - Signups for new teams will close
- October 27th - Roster lock (HL)
- October 29th - Roster lock (6v6)
The winning team is the first to score 5 TOTAL round wins, or the highest score after two halves. Halves can end when either the 30 min time limit is reached or when the cap limit of 4 is reached. OT: A tied total score results in an Overtime (OT) round, which is played to first round score. For the full set of HL rules, see our rules page
If teams are tied after 2 rounds (1-1, 2-2, 3-3, or 4-4), a 3rd Overtime (OT) round will be played where the first team to cap all 5 control points, wins (both teams must "ready up" again). If neither team manages to capture all points during the OT round, a special "sudden death" round is played. During this round, players are not allowed to leave spawn after death, and the team that captures all points or eliminates all enemy players wins.Possible Match Scores:
0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5; 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5; 2-3, 2-4, 2-5; 3-4, 3-5; 4-5; these are only regarding completed matches. Partial scores, that do not reach the full 5 points, such as "1-2" or "2-4" are also acceptable as long as they do not end up in a tie.
- Authenticate to your server with rcon_password ( rcon_password p455w0rd )
- Execute ugc_HL_stopwatch.cfg from the command line ( rcon exec ugc_HL_standard.cfg )
- Reload the map. This is necessary for Source TV to start recording ( rcon changelevel cp_granary ).
- Match Over: Perform step #1, then "rcon exec ugc_off.cfg" to hault Source TV, to save the server log file, and to reset your server to it's normal default server.cfg at map change with your normal server Settings.
* Side-note: Please log into your server provider's control panel and ensure "sv_pure" is set to "2". You may experience some technical difficulties if this is not done, not to mention sv_pure is required to play official UGC matches.
Note to Leaders:
- Post the match scores if you are the winner.
- Post the results as soon as possible after the match has successfully completed.
- If you or your opponent cannot play at default time, you are allowed to play your match at an earlier time. If you need to play your match later in the week, you need an admin/manager approval first.
- Scheduling a UGC server: Slots fill up quick so make sure you request a server soon if you need one. Please reference the following article on how to request a server.
- Read the rules. Ask your players to read them as well. As UGC continues to grow, this means there are more new teams who may not have read the rules. We want to make sure all players understand the rules of UGC Match Play, scheduling, weapon bans, and so forth.
If you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post about them here, contact us in IRC, or send us an email by signing in with your leader account or by the Steam ID green sign-in button and navigate to our support page and click "Message Admins".
Thanks and gabenspeed!