Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower level PuGs

Default Lower level PuGs

Hey guys, in response to this thread I've decided to start adding some people that would be interested in some lower level (iron, steel, low silver, plats that feel like stomping some people, etc) pick up games. I don't have any specifics right now, and unfortunately I'm going to be out of town for a few days, starting tomorrow, but I wanted to post this before I left.

Anyway, the point of this thread is, who here is interested? I can probably talk a decent portion of my team into playing when they are around, and there were a handful in the other thread that said they would play. That's probably enough to make a game or two happen, but it'd be really cool if there were enough players to make a few matches a day possible.

So add me or say something if you're interested in this. If it's just a handful of players, I wouldn't mind coordinating a few pugs. If there's a lot of interest, I or someone can make a group and set something up to get games to happen (as in, get an irc channel rolling or something of that sort)

Any input is totally welcome, I'm just trying to get this started. And anyone is welcome to play, all I ask is that you have an understanding of your role in highlander (I personally don't mind helping new players out as best I can, but I also don't want this to be all about teaching either)

Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
    Hey guys, in response to this thread I've decided to start adding some people that would be interested in some lower level (iron, steel, low silver, plats that feel like stomping some people, etc) pick up games. I don't have any specifics right now, and unfortunately I'm going to be out of town for a few days, starting tomorrow, but I wanted to post this before I left.

Anyway, the point of this thread is, who here is interested? I can probably talk a decent portion of my team into playing when they are around, and there were a handful in the other thread that said they would play. That's probably enough to make a game or two happen, but it'd be really cool if there were enough players to make a few matches a day possible.

So add me or say something if you're interested in this. If it's just a handful of players, I wouldn't mind coordinating a few pugs. If there's a lot of interest, I or someone can make a group and set something up to get games to happen (as in, get an irc channel rolling or something of that sort)

Any input is totally welcome, I'm just trying to get this started. And anyone is welcome to play, all I ask is that you have an understanding of your role in highlander (I personally don't mind helping new players out as best I can, but I also don't want this to be all about teaching either)

I would be very up for this, and probably could drag a few of my players to play too. I'm all for it.

I'd do this, may be nice to have something in between pubs and higher level pugs

I'm down if Medics are needed.

However, won't this clash with the Friday Fun PuGs?

Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiThePhaux View Post
    I'm down if Medics are needed.

However, won't this clash with the Friday Fun PuGs?
    Well, not if i'm organizing it, because I intend on going to every Friday Fun PuG possible. I mean, if these groups wound up being the same players I'd be perfectly happy. The only difference would be serious maps and more frequent games (hopefully). I'm definitely not trying to take players away from Friday Fun PuGs

I was toying with the idea of something like this during the season and a few people on my town went through some preliminary planning before school and real life happen. I'd be happy to help you work out details or even just show up and play. I know a bunch of guys who want to do pickup games with people at similar or slightly higher skill levels.

I'm interested and I can bring my team along. Also, I can provide a server occasionally.

Also we are seeing what we can do about getting an IRC channel up with the pug.nahl bot.

In addition to Friday Fun PUGs the players new to the PUG system could join the Crit-Fail gaming league's Saturday Night HL pugs, they've been having problems getting 18 in on those nights. They also do 6's PUGs very regularly and you'll probably get notifications for those on the hour every hour.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critfail

I would be interested in this.

just so you know, apparently someone else on here decided to make their own group too

RIP, 3 pug groups will not work

nevermind, theirs is an invite only group, so this one has a better chance

This one also already has a dedicated mumble and server and I'm looking at setting up an irc for it right now...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast