Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cp_process_rc2

Default cp_process_rc2

made a thread because i can #yolo

rocks just wanna have fun TomDan's Avatar

I foresee some stalemating, but I'm not terribly concerned. At least I'll be able to get a realistic number of frames per second on this map so that should be cool. Though it was definitely built for 6s and I feel it could get a little cramped in highlander, I'm fairly certain this won't be the worst 5cp map to play on.

Pushing out of last ( like most 5cp maps I guess ) is hard. The flanks also seem really important for pushes , so a good scout and soldier may take you places.

Let's turtle, I guess.

Everything on this map comes to dropping and killing meds or engies. Everything else is not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeowaty View Post
    Let's turtle, I guess.

Everything on this map comes to dropping and killing meds or engies. Everything else is not relevant.
    wait so it has a push-hold metagame?

It's like we are really playing competitive tf2

You Witty McWittenson, stop being witty now, will ya?

What I meant is 'commence the turtling'. Last is incredibly hard to push out and to push in. In 6's it works, cuz you have 6 players on each team, all mobile and shit, and here you have 9 different classes and stuff. We tried soft-pushing and pushing with ubers, but these were just not working at all unless we killed their engie/medic. 2 points in 40 minutes? 1st round was roughly 30 minutes.

But overall I like this map. Promotes smart plays and changing positions, so enemies don't know, where to expect you. Also a lot of smart escape routes for Medic, if you know, where to stand and shizzle. If not the last, I'd give this map 9+/10 with a quality badge.

this is a 6s map. it doesnt work well with highlander in my opinion. i sense some looong stalematey rounds

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
    this is a 6s map. it doesnt work well with highlander in my opinion. i sense some looong stalematey rounds
    How much have you played it? This is my favorite highlander map.

At least it's enjoyable to play unlike certain maps this season

Good map, any flaws are within reasonable bounds, no changes needed, would play again.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisoCaine View Post
    How much have you played it? This is my favorite highlander map.
    the distance you have to cover to get to last is pretty far, esp if you have a wrangled lv3 beside spawn, plus the fact that your medic can hide upstairs and never get sniped means that last pushes might get stalemate-y

Two minor complaints about this map:

1: The map is rather large which is annoying for the less monitor classes in HL. You could have your engie set up a tele, but it won't be too useful due to the constantly switching spawns of 5cp maps.

2: Last is a bit stalematey with all 9 players in HL, especially with sentries

Other than that, Process is a fun map and I can't wait to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by +Oil View Post
    the distance you have to cover to get to last is pretty far, esp if you have a wrangled lv3 beside spawn, plus the fact that your medic can hide upstairs and never get sniped means that last pushes might get stalemate-y
    I actually think the time it takes to walk to last is a very good balancing factor. It's a big part of why pushing out of last in HL is more doable on this map than many other 5cps. Take freight or foundry, for instance. Freight has a spawn right at second point, and foundry has an insanely fast respawn, and on both of those maps it's near impossible to push out of last, even with significant advantage.

best new map literally EVER. itd be in your best interest to keep it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasser View Post
    best new map literally EVER. itd be in your best interest to keep it around.
    thats just cause you like the rollout on this map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast