Published on February 22, 2021 12:28 PM Eastern Time
Introduction updated: Wed, 12/30/20
Season 14 - Fueled by Vite™ Ramen
- Signups open: Friday January 1st
- Signups close: Sunday January 31st
- Rosters lock for playoffs: Friday March 12th
- Roster limit: 12 (6 starters + 6 subs)
- Duration: 10 weeks (6 Regular Season weeks followed by 4 weeks of Single Elim playoffs)
- Matches per week: 1 match
- Match days: Fridays
- Cost: FREE
- Prizes & Giveaways: Valued at over $2,200 (available to US residents only)
- System: PC
- Regions: NA, SA, EMEA, ASIA/PAC & AUS
- Skill level: All skill levels welcome
Players can feel free to engage us directly on Discord or on Twitter.
Below are the rules based on the current state of the game. The rules will be edited as needed should any gameplay or structure changes occur throughout the season. All teams registering and participating in the UGC League will be assumed to have carefully read these rules before commencing gameplay.
Best of luck!
Season Format updated: Fri, 2/5/21
(1) Season Format
- 1.1 Regular Season (Best of 3 Maps): The season will start with 6 weeks of Regular Season matches.
- 1.1.1 Teams are provided 3 maps to pick from each week.
- 1.1.2 Home Team picks the first map and whether to attack or defend first (when applicable).
- 1.1.3 Away Team picks the second map (alternate attack/defend when applicable).
- 1.1.4 If either map ends in a draw, a single overtime round on Illios will be played to decide who won the map.
- 1.1.5 If the scores are tied 1-1 after the first 2 maps, then proceed to the remaining map from the weekly pool for a tie breaker to the match. Home Team picks whether to attack or defend on the third map (when applicable).
- 1.1.6 Control maps should be set to Score to Win = 2.
- 1.1.7 Each map won = 1 match point.
- 1.1.8 Possible scores are: 2-0 or 2-1.
- 1.2 Playoffs (Best of 5 Maps): Immediately following the regular season, there will be a single-elimination playoff period.
- 1.2.1 Rosters will lock for Playoffs on Friday Nov 6th at 11:59 EST. This roster lock will remain in effect for the duration of the playoffs.
- 1.2.2 Teams will play a Best of 5 maps series in order until 1 team wins 3 maps total.
- 1.2.3 Map order will be Control / Escort / Hybrid / Assault / Control
- 1.2.4 If any map ends in a draw (unlikely) then play 1 OT round on the designated OT map.
- 1.2.5 Home Team picks whether whether they want to be Blue or Red.
- 1.2.6 Control maps should be set to Score to Win = 2.
- 1.2.7 Each map won = 1 point
- 1.2.8 Possible match scores are 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2
(2) Default times
- 2.1 Default match nights: Fridays for all divisions.
- 2.2 Default match time:
- North America: 8:30pm EST
- EMEA: 8:00pm (20:00) CEST/CEDT/CET
- South America: 10:00pm (22:00) (GMT-3)
- Asia/Pacific: 9:00pm Seoul time
- AUS: 8:00pm Sydney time
- 2.3 Match Deadline: Sundays 11:59pm EST for all divisions. Failure to report the match on time may result in both teams receiving a loss.
Skill Divisions & Comp SR updated: Fri, 2/12/21
(3) Skill Divisions
- 3.1 Initial team placement will be determined on a case-by-case basis, based on the following team factors: performance in previous UGC seasons, stability, reliability, performance in other tournaments and leagues, admin discretion and finally Comp SR. Through natural progression and recruitment, team makeup may improve to such an extent that the team may be moved up a division mid-season.
The SR guidelines below are a general outline of what we are looking for in each division. These are NOT iron clad rules and are subject to admin discretion!
- 3.1.1 NA Premier - Top division, for stable teams with mid-high achieving records (e.g. T3) in other tournaments/leagues, players expected to be Masters and above.
- 3.1.2 NA Intermediate - New or established teams/players, should have prior experience in UGC. Individual Player SR expected be Diamond or above, with a team average SR at 3750 or below. Teams are permitted no more than 1 Grand Master players on their roster at a time.
- 3.1.3 NA Beginner - Brand new teams/players with little to no tournament experience. Majority of players should be Platinum and below. Teams are permitted no more than 1 Diamond player on their roster at a time.
- Teams that qualify for Beginner may also elect to play in the Intermediate division. If too few teams signup, Beginner teams will be given the option to play in the Intermediate division.
- 3.1.4 EMEA, SA, ASIA/PAC & AUS Open - Due to low team count, only a single division per region and no SR restrictions
- 3.2 SR caps in Intermediate (1 GM) and Beginner (1 Diamond) will be enforced during the entire season. Players that rank up beyond these limits after rostering (e.g. Diamond --> Masters in Beginner) will be subject to further review by admins. If a team is in breach of their division's SR caps, they will be given the option to drop the player or move up to the next division.
(4) Comp SR and placements
- 4.1 Lacking an official API from Blizzard, Comp SR data will be based on what is readily available in existing stats sites such as Overbuff. Therefore, prior season highs (viewable only in-game) will not be considered.
- 4.2 Your Comp SR, as listed on your UGC Player Profile page, is based on current MAX rank across all classes.
- 4.3 Comp SR will be refreshed every week by admins. Players can also refresh their own stats at any time by logging in to the site by BattleNet and clicking the REFRESH button under their player profile.
- 4.4 Players that do not have established current season SR will be subject to further review and prior season SR will be used to determine their eligibility to play.
- 4.5 Current season placement is NOT a requirement to participate in the league in any division!
Match Rules updated: Fri, 2/12/21
(5) Lobby Leader
- 5.1 The Lobby Leader, by default, is the Home Team's Leader/Manager/Coach. The Away Team may run the lobby if the Home Team does not want or know how to.
- 5.2 The Lobby Leader is responsible for the proper setup of the lobby.
(6) Lobby Configuration
- 6.1 Matches must be played as a Custom Game with the following settings. Any settings not called out below must be left defaulted. Lobby settings can be viewed by all lobby members and must be verified through in-game by both teams before the map is started! Home Team picks whether whether they want to be Blue or Red.
- 6.2 Lobby Settings
- Use code STN2A to import the presets below.
- Preset: Competitive
- 2-2-2 Role Lock: ON
- Custom skins: OFF
- Pause on player disconnect: ON
- Kill Cam: Disabled
- Control maps Score to Win: 2
- Lobby MUST be set to Invite Only!
(7) Starting each map
- 7.1 The Lobby Leader is not permitted to start a map until the Leader/Manager/Coach of the opposing team indicates that their team is ready through in-game chat.
- 7.2 Be respectful of everyone's time and do not add unnecessary delay to the start of each map.
- 7.3 Once the match has been started, you are giving tacit approval that every aspect of the lobby setup (including settings and all players in the lobby) is good to proceed. If an unrostered/unready player is not caught during the initial lobby then it cannot be disputed later. If a new unrostered player joins a live round, see Rule 19.6.
(8) Player Disconnects
- 8.1 In the event that a player disconnects from the game while the match is live, that player is permitted to rejoin the game at any time. In the event that the original player is unable to reconnect, a substitute player from the roster is permitted to join the game at any time.
- 8.2 Teams may not bring in an unrostered player to sub for a disconnected player unless prior written approval of this unrostered player has been given in Match Comms prior to the match.
- 9.1 Pause on player disconnect: ON
- 9.2 Manual pausing is only permitted if an unapproved ringer or spectator joins during the live match.
(10) Tie Breaker
- 10.1 If either map ends in a draw, a single overtime round on Oasis will be played to decide who won the map.
(11) No shows and forfeiting
- 11.1 If either team is unreachable at match time please ping the Admins in Discord right away so that we may help try to contact the other team.
- 11.2 After contacting an Admin please wait at least 15 minutes for the other team to respond and assemble.
- 11.3 An Admin will make a ruling on whether you should go ahead and report a forfeit win after 15 minutes.
- 11.4 You may be asked by an Admin to wait a little bit longer if the other team is making a good faith effort to assemble as quickly as they can.
- 11.5 Forfeited matches are counted as full +1/-1 W/L however there are points allocated to the "Points for" or "Points against" columns that come from map wins.
(12) Reporting scores
- 12.1 The winning team must report the final match result within 24 hours of match completion.
- 12.2 Scores are reported through the Match Comm panel.
- 12.3 For a walkthrough of how to report scores please visit the #reporting-scores guide room in our Discord server.
(13) Game Version
- 13.1 Every match must be played in the official version of Overwatch. Teams may not, under any circumstances, play their match in the PTR version of the game nor use Experimental mode.
- 14.1 If both teams agree in writing in Match Comms, matches may be played 1 day after the default day.
- 14.2 If teams cannot agree on a reschedule date/time then the default date/time MUST be used.
- 14.3 Please pay close attention to the default match dates/times on the schedule. 95% of matches take place on these dates/times. If your team is generally not available on the default dates/times please do not signup.
Rosters and Player Eligibility updated: Fri, 2/12/21
- 15.1 Rosters Limit: 12 (6 starters + 6 subs)
- 15.2 Your main roster on the UGC website is for players that will be participating in matches only.
- 15.2.1 You have the option to set these players as either a Leader or Member.
- 15.3 Coaches & Managers have a special role on the team that will not count against your 12 player roster limit.
- 15.3.1 Coaches/Managers should never play in a match unless otherwise rostered like a normal member.
(16) Player Ready Requirements
- 16.1 Players must be listed as READY on your Team Page in order to play in matches.
- 16.2 Players listed as NOT READY require additional review and are not permitted to play in matches.
- 16.3 To be considered READY players must meet the following 4 criteria:
- 16.3.1 Rostered 18 hours: Players must be rostered at least 18 hours before match time to be eligible to play in a match.
- Players added within 18 hours of match time are considered under the ringer rule and permission from the opposing team would need to be secured in Match Comms for that player to participate.
- 16.3.2 Public Profiles: Players are REQUIRED to have public profiles all season long in order to participate in UGC matches.
- Players can change this in-game: Settings > Social > Career Profile Visibility = Public.
- If your player still looks Private on the UGC website, that player will need to login and click the Refresh button on their profile to update it on the site.
- On rare occasions, after changing Profile Visibility to public, Blizzard requires the player to complete a Quick Play or Custom Match before the profile will update..
- 16.3.4 Current/Valid Battletag: Players are REQUIRED to have their current valid Battletag listed on the roster.
- If a player changes their Battletag they will need to login to the UGC website with the BattleNet Login button and refresh their profile to update their account.
- 16.3.5 Starter/Sub: Players are REQUIRED to be designated as a Starter or Sub on the roster.
(17) Roster Change Throttling (Effective Midnight EST of Week 1's Match Day)
- 17.1 Players may join 1 team per 5 day period. The 18 hour roster cooldown timer still applies to roster joins.
- 17.2 Teams may accept no more than 3 players to their roster in an 5 day period.
- 17.2.1 A player that left your roster and wants to rejoin will still count against this limit.
- 17.3 Exceptions:
(18) Subbing in players during a match
- 18.1 During a live round: You may substitute in a rostered player only if one of your players suddenly drops and is unable to reconnect quickly.
- 18.2 Between maps: You may swap in/out any of your rostered players.
(19) Unrostered Players (aka Ringers/Mercs/Unrostered Subs)
- 19.1 If you need to use an unrostered player you must secure written permission (in Match Comms/Discord/in-game, etc) from the other team Leader/Manager/Coach to use them.
- 19.1.1 Unrostered players must:
- Have a public profile
- Have logged into the UGC website by BattleNet
- 19.2 Once a specific unrostered player has been approved in writing that player may participate in the entire match.
- 19.3 Teams do not have to allow any unrostered players in the match if they do not want.
- 19.4 Admins will never force a team to allow an unrostered player in a match.
- 19.5 It is the responsibility of each team Leader/Manager/Coach to check all players in the lobby from the other team prior to agreeing to start the match. Once the match has been started, you are giving tacit approval that every aspect of the match (including all players in the lobby) is good to proceed.
- 19.6 If an unrostered player is brought in during a live round that was not previously approved, the team bringing in the unrostered player will be forced to lose the match.
(20) Account sharing
- 20.1 Account sharing is strictly prohibited in official UGC matches.
- 20.2 Players caught account sharing will be banned from the league for 3 months.
- 20.3 Team Leaders/Managers/Coaches who were aware of, or sanctioned, account sharing will be subject to the same ban period.
- 20.4 Teams that are involved in account sharing will have all match wins, where account sharing took place, overturned.
- 20.5 Account sharing outside of UGC matches, such as to boost a player's SR, does not fall under UGC's purview.
(21) Smurf accounts
- 21.1 A smurf account is an alternate Overwatch account used by a higher tier player in order to deceptively present themselves as someone less experienced.
- 21.2 Players must roster their highest SR account on a team.
- 21.2.1 If the player has an additional unrostered account that surpasses the main rostered account by 500+ SR then the player must swap accounts on the roster.
- 21.3 Players found to be using smurf accounts in UGC will be banned on both their main and smurf accounts and are also subject to match forfeiture.
- 21.4 This rule does not apply to the NA Premier division.
Match Documentation updated: Fri, 2/12/21
(22) Match Comms
- 22.1 Match Comms are a chat dialogue on the UGC website that you use to communicate back and forth with the Leader/Manager/Coach of the other team in your matchup.
- 22.2 Team Leaders/Managers/Coaches are REQUIRED to use the Match Comms every week! You should use them to coordinate the date/time to play the match and any possible unrostered players needed for the match. Forfeit match results will not be accepted if Match Comms were not used.
- 22.3 Failure to use Match Comms may also result in an unfavorable outcome for your team in the event that a dispute arises from your match!
- 22.4 For more information, please see the #using-match-comms guide room in our Discord server.
(23) VOD Recording
- 23.1 At least one player per team is required to record the match at a minimum of 480p resolution.
- 23.2 The recording must include your team's voice comms.
- 23.3 The recording can be done locally or can be saved from a stream.
- 23.4 Admins will only request these recordings in the event that there is a match dispute.
- 23.5 In the event of a dispute, failure to record and submit a VOD of the match will likely result in an unfavorable outcome for your team in the dispute.
Casting and Spectating updated: Thu, 2/11/21
- 24.1 UGC will provide casters for select matches every week.
- 24.2 Third party casters must be approved by the UGC Admins ahead of time.
- 24.2.1 By default, third party casters MUST be locked to see Team 1 or Team 2.
- 24.2.2 Teams may agree to grant all spec permission to third party casters. Both teams must agree to this in writing in the Match Comms panel.
- 24.2.3 Matches must be casted through Twitch with a 90-sec stream delay.
- 24.2.4 A VOD must be saved of the cast and made available to both teams after the match.
- 24.3 No UGC matches may be cast internally or by third parties during OWL broadcasts.
- 24.4 Violation of this rule will result in your team being removed from UGC.
- 25.1 Teams are permitted to invite a maximum of 2 spectators each to a match. Rostered players, coaches and other staff all count towards the 2 specs per team quota.
- 25.2 Spectators MUST be locked to see Team 1 or Team 2.
- 25.3 Spectators MUST join while the game is in the lobby.
- 25.3.1 If a spectator disconnects, for whatever reason, they may not rejoin the match until the map is over and the teams are back in the lobby.
- 25.4 Inviting a spectator into a live on-going match will result in your team losing the match.
- 25.5 If a spectator joins during the live match the Lobby Leader should immediately pause the match and remove the spectator from the lobby.
- 25.6 UGC Admins and approved casters are exempt from this rule.
(26) Coaches & Managers Spectating
- 26.1 Coaches/Managers are permitted to spectate matches and be in voice chat with their team during a match.
- 26.2 Coaches/Managers may only communicate with their team in the lobby at the start of the match or in between maps.
- 26.3 Coaches/Managers must remain muted during during the live match.
- 26.4 Failure to comply with this rule may result in your team receiving a forfeit loss for the match and/or being removed from the league.
- 27.1 Players and spectators are permitted to stream their matches via Twitch with a 90-second delay
Sportsmanship updated: Tue, 1/19/21
- 28.1 Good sportsmanship is an important part of this league and all players/teams should be treated with respect. UGC has a ZERO tolerance policy for toxicity and Admins have full discretion when handling complaints of such behavior. Infractions will result in your team being removed from the competition for the remainder of the season.
- 28.1.1 Examples of bad sportsmanship include, but not limited to:
- Remarks that attack one’s ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, or religion.
- Negative or inflammatory remarks about a player/team's skill level or performance.
- Excessively spamming the match chat.
- Purposefully ignoring the objective of the map to spawn camp, excessively tea bagging or otherwise trolling your opponent in some way.
Discord updated: Fri, 2/12/21
- 29.1 At least 1 Leader/Coach/Manager from every team MUST join and remain in our Discord server throughout the season and must be tagged up following the instructions pinned in the #leader-assign room.
- 29.2 A lot of important information is posted in our server throughout the season, especially in the #Announcements channel. We suggest that you subscribe to the #Announcements channel to get push notifications to your own server.
- 29.3 We also strongly recommend that you do not mute our Discord server and do not prevent DMs from members in the server!
- 29.4 Failure to be in Discord, should an issue arise that requires an Admin to reach out to you, could result in your team's expulsion from the league.
Prizes & Giveaways updated: Mon, 2/22/21
(30) Prizes & Giveaways
- 30.1 Applicable to Rostered US residents only!
- 30.2 Prizes:
- The top 3 teams in each division will receive the following (for their 6 starters)
- 1st place - $50 Vite Ramen gift card per player ($300 value)
- 2nd place - $30 Vite Ramen gift card per player ($180 value)
- 3rd place - $20 Vite Ramen gift card per player ($120 value)
- 30.3 Giveaways:
- Best Plays Raffle: Biweekly during the season we will be giving away $25 Blizzard Bucks for the best POTG/match highlights from your UGC matches. Winners will be picked by Vite Ramen and we will accept submissions to Twitter using a specific hashtag (to be given later). Winners will be contacted by League Admins to verify identity and authenticity of the clip.
- Match Completion Raffle: Each match your team completes throughout the season will get your team an entry into our end of season raffle. Winning team will get $50 cash per starter ($300 value). Teams MUST complete all 6 Regular Season matches to qualify and 8 entries per team is the max (6 for Regular Season and 2 for the first 2 rounds of playoffs). **Forfeited matches will count as half an entry (rounded down if only 1 match is forfeited).
- Match Predictions: Correctly predict the winner in at least 30% of your predicted matches each week through the season to be entered in a raffle to win $50 cash. Each week with correct prediction ratio >=30% = 1 entry into the raffle. Bye Weeks and Forfeited match results do not count. Anyone with a BattleNet can vote but you must be rostered in the league to be eligible for the giveaway. Minimum entries to be eligible = 6 / Max possible entries = 10.